Technohacker Coding and Robotics Group
Ages 9+, Thursday 3:15 to 5pm(ish).
Sign Up Form
The Technohackers Coding and Robotics Group is all about getting into coding and dreaming about the cool game they are going to create or the robot you want to build. You can start in this group without knowing what you are doing and work towards your own creations (not knowing what your doing is where we all start). This group is about learning coding to make games and then some of us might get distracted into making and programming Robots. Because why not.
Contact Kevin for more information. Participants will need access to laptop, perseverance and a love of computer games. We have a couple spare laptops and are always looking for not-too-old donations. The group is supported by our older Questionable Research Lab members (Technohackers members who are older and are now our team of experts).
If you would like to join in here is the term 1 sign-up form.
Other useful information:
- You do need your own laptop (or lug in a PC). We have a couple spare to use but not enough for all. Your own laptop is best.
- We do not provide afternoon snacks other than water and fruit. For some, the experience of dying of malnutrition will be an issue and providing an extra bit of food from home could be a good thing.
- Technohackers are the educational groups within the Questionable Research Labs
- If a young person is not collected and we are unable to contact their family by 6:30pm, the police will be notified. It’s never happened but this is just so you know the process.
- We encourage parents with skills or interest to help out and we also focus on peer tutoring and support.
- We are supported by $10/week membership BUT if that is not not affordable, come anyway and just let us know. Do not let money be a barrier, that’s not why we are there. More information can be found on the Membership page.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- We are always on the lookout for sponsorship.