Geek Girls Groups
Thursday 3:15 to 5pm(ish).
Sign Up Form
To all girls out there, this is a new group at QRL. It’s meant to be an exploration space for anything geekie and tech! We might look into game development, graphic design, music making, video making, coding or even wildly creative mechanical projects. It can range from simple to very complex, and we’ll figure it out on the way. The weirder, the better - as long as fun is a thing!
Other useful information:
- You do need your own laptop (or lug in a PC). We have a couple spare to use but not enough for all. Your own laptop is best.
- We do not provide afternoon snacks other than water and fruit. For some, the experience of dying of malnutrition will be an issue and providing an extra bit of food from home could be a good thing.
- Technohackers are the educational groups within the Questionable Research Labs
- If a young person is not collected and we are unable to contact their family by 6:30pm, the police will be notified. It’s never happened but this is just so you know the process.
- We encourage parents with skills or interest to help out and we also focus on peer tutoring and support.
- We are supported by $10/week membership BUT if that is not not affordable, come anyway and just let us know. Do not let money be a barrier, that’s not why we are there. More information can be found on the Membership page.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- We are always on the lookout for sponsorship.