Technohacker Science and Technology
Tuesday 3:15 to 5pm(ish)
Sign Up Form
This group is for the geek in us all. We explore a somewhat random range of topics from a science/tech/geeky perspective. Each week is different and each term has a different theme. As with all our Questionable Research Labs groups, we intend it to be a fun clever environment where disaster has plenty of opportunity. Most sessions involve a talk followed by an experiment, a challenge or a demonstration. No one knows how stuff will go – we try things out and see what happens. In fact everything we do is an experiment.
Last term we messed with Electricity and this term we will be getting into Biology and focusing on Fungi. It should be disgusting and tasty and interesting. But we might get distracted and do other things as well, who knows?
Other useful information:
- We do not provide afternoon snacks other than water and fruit. For some, the experience of dying of malnutrition will be an issue and providing an extra bit of food from home could be a good thing.
- If a young person is not collected and we are unable to contact their family by 6:30pm, the police will be notified. It’s never happened but in the chaos of everyday life it might, this is just so you know the process.
- We encourage parents with skills or interest to help out and we also focus on peer tutoring and support.
- It is free to attend all our groups but we encourage parents to become patrons to support us if it can be afforded. For more info see this page membership
- For further information please email [email protected]
- We are always on the lookout for sponsorship.